Monday, August 18, 2014

The Story of My Life!

I picked up the pen, to write the story of my life.
So much in despair, fright and plight.
Thought my life was never ever right.

Looked out of the window on the street across, 
Saw the urchin, help a one legged cross.
Smiles illuminated the dull lit street, 
A gesture that was simply sweet.

On the wheelchair, a teen bound
Speech impaired but joy abound.
Smiling at the children running around,
Cheering every soul, with a vibrant smile.

Sans Loved ones, drove on the tar,
Sped past a hand clasped greyed couple, staring into the beauty of the stars in the sky.

Braked at a waterhole, to drown into peace.
Walked in a learned man, asking "why ain't you at ease?"
I sang my despair, fright and plight.
With a glowing smile, he looked into my eyes.

The urchin, the teen and the couple smiled,
Cause they found happiness, in others eyes.
You have been looking into a mirror, reflecting woes,
Set your mind free, beyond your foes.

Little gestures, a helping hand and a smile on their face is all you want.
I picked up the pen, to write the story of my life.

So much enlightened, encouraged and enticed
Thought my life was never ever so energised.

1 comment:

  1. wow. I love this one. Perfect poetry of the middle age life. Im sure a lot of people can relate to this.

    ReplyDelete