A proposal for the marriage of Dreams with Reality
(Inspired by Dr. Randy Pausch Last Lecture - Achieving Your Childhood Dreams - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo ) It’s 9:00 AM and I better be at my desk with my computer ‘on’ at work. Phew! Just made it on time! Yeah! After 15 years of formal education, 7 years of sleepless nights (I worked for a call center, quip!), I continue to run with the world. For what? To probably buy all the happiness, I can afford to with the pay-check I receive at the end of every month. To procure this happiness, I sacrifice my time with family; forfeit my family’s well-being and yeah social life. Not only disengage myself with my loved ones but also humiliating my dreams. When my 3 year old looks at me; anticipating her dad would take her out for a breath of air and hear her discussing her new friends and wonderful activities at school and my answer being, “honey, not today. Dad needs to rush for work” it’s quite an upsetting site. The pillar of my life, my wife I mean, though does not ever ...
Comments
Post a Comment